Read some fun space facts for kids and find out more about astronomy, the Moon, planets, our Sun, the Milky Way galaxy, our Universe and much more.
Children will love the cool, crazy, strange, funny, weird, odd, bizarre and wacky information as well as did you know facts and other interesting space info that will help them learn a thing or two along the way.
- Many scientists believe that an asteroid impact caused the extinction of the dinosaurs around 65 million years ago.
- Saturn isn't the only ringed planet, other gas giants such as Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune also have rings, they are just less obvious.
- Footprints and tyre tracks left behind by astronauts on the moon will stay there forever as there is no wind to blow them away.
- In 2006, astronomers changed the definition of a planet. This means that Pluto is now referred to as a dwarf planet.
- Because of lower gravity, a person who weighs 100kg on earth would only weigh 38kg on the surface of Mars.
- The first man made object sent into space was in 1957 when the Russian satellite named Sputnik was launched.
- Jupiter's 4 biggest moons are named Europa, Ganymede, Callisto and Io.
- It is because of the Sun & Moons gravity that we have high & low tides.